Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Typography is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in /home/u647830872/domains/decodingobesity.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401
Episode 31: Personal Stories- Karlijn Burridge
Karlijn Burridge is a nationally recognized expert in obesity medicine. She is comprehensively trained in medical obesity treatment, as well as in bariatric surgery. Karlijn is a Fellow of the Obesity Medicine Association. She is a co-author of the Obesity Algorithm® and currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Illinois Obesity Society. She has developed a number of successful weight management programs in a variety of health settings. She has received multiple awards for her work in expanding the field of obesity medicine and in furthering obesity education for health care providers. She is also the founder and owner of Gaining Health, which is a company she developed to support health care providers who want to incorporate obesity medicine into practice, as well as providing education and support for people who are impacted by obesity.
Tune in to my conversation with Karlijn Burridge and learn about:
- Her personal weight loss and fitness journey
- Methods she tried and why they didn’t work for her
- The importance of sustainable changes and not short-term diets
- How insulin and lipolysis works
- Being conscious and aware of the food you ingest
- Importance of cutting down on sugar or ‘bad’ carbohydrates
- How she adjusted her physical activities based on the changes in her body
- How she maintains a healthy lifestyle despite her busy schedule
- Prioritizing self-care to take care of others better
Karlijn Burridge on What Caused Her Weight Gain:
- She tried to eat healthy food, but it was still high in unhealthy carbohydrates and sugar.
- She was sleep-deprived.
- She got used to larger portion sizes after moving to the USA.
Karli Burridge’s Tips for those who Wanted to Lose Weight:
- Prioritize sleep. Not enough hours and quality of sleep cause weight gain and fatigue. As much as possible, try to get 7-8 hours of high-quality sleep.
- Eat a whole food nutrition plan. Try to avoid processed foods and eat whole foods.
- Get up and move wherever and whenever you can.
- Be kind to yourself. Celebrate small successes! Speak to yourself the way that you would speak to somebody you love.
Don’t forget to subscribe, leave a rating, and review: