Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Typography is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in /home/u647830872/domains/decodingobesity.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401
Episode 36: 5 Habits of Healthy People- Dr. Mark Chavez
5 Habits of Healthy People
In today’s episode, we will be talking about the life of a doctor who was naturally fit and following the principles of healthy living until he suddenly found himself gaining more and more unhealthy pounds before he realized it. Dr. Mark Chavez is a medical doctor and entrepreneur. We were able to connect through LinkedIn and I came across his book: The 5 Habits of Healthy People. His story really resonated with me, so I decided to bring him on to share it with all of us too. He is also the mastermind behind the device called the Gravity Ball®. Join us in this fun and interesting conversation as we talk more about healthy living in greater detail!
Listen to my conversation with Dr. Mark Chavez and get to know:
- When and how he gained so much weight
- How unhealthy sleep patterns became the most prominent cause of his weight gain
- What he did to actively lose weight and live healthily
- What led to the invention of the Gravity Ball®, what it looks like, and how it works
- What his book, The 5 Habits of Healthy People, is all about
- Dr. Chavez’s advice for people wanting to start losing weight
How Dr. Mark Chavez Started Losing Weight and How He Maintains It:
- He got his sleep pattern in order.
- He started doing 30 minutes of resistance exercise every day.
- He follows the 80/20 rule of healthy eating.
Dr. Mark Chavez’s Advice for People Who Want to Lose Weight:
- Start by walk 10,000 steps (or 1 mile).
- Incorporate, in addition to the steps you’re doing, some resistance exercise.
- Keep exercising every day. It doesn’t matter what you do but do it every day.
Implications and Benefits of the Gravity Ball®:
- There is much natural movement and does not require you to have a closed hand or constantly hold a weight. Open hand moves a lot freer and gives you a greater range of motion.
- It’s a lot safer. You can firmly cast on the ball in your hand and not drop it on yourself.
Dr. Mark Chavez:
“Saying, ‘exercise more and eat better’ is very useless.”
Dr. Avishkar Sabharwal:
“One of the parts of exercise prescription is enjoyment.”
“It’s really about getting yourself started and doing something instead of doing nothing.”
Dr. Mark Chavez IG account— @thehealthmd, @gavityballmethod
Thank you for listening to another episode of Decoding Obesity!