Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Typography is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in /home/u647830872/domains/decodingobesity.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401
Episode 40: Can Changing the Sequence of Your Food Impact Your Health?
Can Changing the Sequence of Your Food Impact Your Health?
Do you normally pay attention to what sequence you eat your meal in? What would happen if you reversed the sequence? In the last episode, we did touch a bit on how meal sequencing affects the blood sugar spikes in our bodies. Today, we discuss this particular topic in depth. Tune in to this episode as we dive a little deeper into the science behind meal sequencing.
Join me in this episode and know:
- The glycemic effect of food sequencing
- What food components improve satiety
- How food sequencing may help lowering blood sugar
How Soluble Fibers Work in the Body to Improve Satiety:
- When it is dissolved in water, it forms a gel substance.
- It increases in size.
- It slows down digestion.
- It extends the release of appetite-regulating hormones.
Most Satiating Macronutrients (in order):
Ideal Meal Sequence to Improve Satiety:
- Foods that are high in fiber, or water
- Protein course
- Foods that are high in carbohydrates
“Soluble fibers, particularly the ones that are in high viscosity, will be better for regulating your appetite.”
“Even if you eat the same foods, just changing the sequence will affect your blood sugar levels.”
Thank you for listening to another episode of Decoding Obesity!