Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Typography is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in /home/u647830872/domains/decodingobesity.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401
Episode 47: Personal Stories- Gino West
Personal Stories- Gino West
Our guest on this episode has experienced obesity at close quarters. He suffered from it for all of his childhood and teenage years. But, when he got his calling to lose weight, he tweaked his lifestyle which gave him amazing results. He lost a whopping 140 lbs! How has he achieved this, you may ask? Listen to this episode to find out!
Chef Gino West, the owner of a meal preparation company called Prepped Wellness. Prepped Wellness is a meal-prep company operating in Youngstown, Ohio with a mission to deliver healthy and fresh meals to its customers.
Join me in this conversation with Chef Gino West and learn:
- How he ended up gaining the weight
- How he perceived himself when he was younger
- The point when he became aware of his destructive lifestyle
- His motivation to actually change his eating habits
- What he did to lose 140 lbs.
- The role that his obesity played as he became a chef
- A simple and healthy soup recipe that you can try at home
- All about his business: Prepped Wellness
How Chef Gino West Lost His Weight and Maintained It:
- He ate clean and healthy throughout the week.
- He had one cheat day every week (Sunday).
- His cheat days decreased from being once a week in the beginning to once a month, and then only occasionally.
White Bean Stew Recipe by Chef Gino West:
- Any type of bean
- Salt (optional)
- Black pepper
- Lemon zest
- Crushed tomatoes
How to cook:
- Let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Serve warm.
Why cook it:
- It’s sustainable.
- It’s clean.
- It’s delicious.
- It’s full of carbohydrates and protein from the beans.
- It’s low in fat.
- It’s plant-based.
Chef Gino West
“Food is so, so, so powerful that it can make an insane impact.”
“You have to evolve into your lifestyle change.”
“You can’t dwell in the past. It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, where you’ve been, where you were at. That’s never coming back. You’re in the present, now you’ll only push forward.”
Thank you for listening to another episode of Decoding Obesity!