Episode 79: Personal Stories – Jamie Morgan
Episode 79: Personal Stories- Jamie Morgan
In this episode, we get to know Jamie and her story, from when she realized she had a food addiction to how managed to recover from it, losing 240 pounds in the process, to how she is living her life now.
Jamie Morgan is a Transformative Leadership, Organizational, and Human Experience Strategist, Speaker, and Coach who thrives on guiding leaders, teams, and individuals on change, improvements in self-awareness, emotional intelligence, communication dynamics, and goal attainment.
Tune in to my conversation with Jamie Morgan and learn:
- How the issue of weight started and what led to her heaviest weight at 368 lbs
- Jamie’s failed efforts to lose weight through diets and exercise
- How she finally decided to take charge of her life and assembled a team to help her
- How she realized that she had food-seeking behavior?
- How she started recovering from food addiction which eventually trickled down to other aspects of her life
- The mindset work involved with losing weight and all other emotions she had to unravel through her recovery phase
- What kept Jamie motivated to lose 240 pounds despite it being such a tough challenge
- The struggles Jamie had to face throughout her weight loss journey from losing death in the family, losing friendships, and even going through a divorce
- How Jamie manages her food cravings and how she changed your mindset around this constant food-seeking behavior
- What she does when dining at a restaurant
“A lot of times people don’t realize that mindset is the first thing that you really need to change before you can start doing anything.” – Dr. Avishkar Sabharwal
“Short term pain with long term gains.” – Jamie Morgan
“When I food prep, it’s, it’s like setting me up just like my workouts every day set me up for success. This is just a non-negotiable, like brushing my teeth or taking a shower, or moving my body every day. Prepping my food is a non-negotiable.” – Jamie Morgan
- Connect with Jamie Morgan on Linkedin
Remember to participate in the giveaway from November 1 to 5th!
Don’t forget to leave a review.
Thank you for listening to another episode of Decoding Obesity!