Deprecated: Elementor\Scheme_Typography is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in /home/u647830872/domains/decodingobesity.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5401
Episode 3: Intermittent Fasting Part 2
Intermittent Fasting: Part 2
Intermittent fasting has become one of the most popular food trends for losing weight over the years. But as you’ve learned from part one of our series, it is not just another fad diet, but a way of eating where you restrict food for a period of hours every day and eat at a shortened window of time. Many celebrities, health professionals, and fitness enthusiasts have been raving nonstop about intermittent fasting because of its overall physical and mental health benefits. But is there more to intermittent fasting that science can tell us, and does it truly live up to the hype? Let us find out.
Tune in to this episode and learn:
- What is insulin resistance, and what are the effects of intermittent fasting on people with diabetes
- How intermittent fasting may be more beneficial than just calorie restriction
- How intermittent fasting helps with fat loss
- How intermittent fasting affects body cholesterol levels
- How safe is intermittent fasting and its benefits not only for weight loss but also for your overall metabolic health
- The science behind intermittent fasting and why people who practice it experience less hunger
- Different studies backing up the effects of intermittent fasting on the human body
Definition of Terms:
- Insulin resistance- occurs when the body stops responding to the insulin being produced by the body; leads to diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and detrimental effects, including an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Ketosis- a process when the body starts preferentially using the stored fat as fuel instead of glucose; not only does it lower your glucose or insulin, but it also improves your hunger.
On the beneficial effects of intermittent fasting on fat mass loss and cholesterol levels:
“This means that people who are willing to try intermittent fasting may find benefit from it—not just weight loss, but also overall metabolic health.”
On intermittent fasting:
“I think it is something definitely worth trying provided it is done in a safe fashion, and appropriate nutrition is followed along with the intermittent fasting.”
Don’t forget to subscribe, leave a rating, and review: