Episode 63: Personal Stories- Graeme Currie
Personal Stories- Graeme Currie
This episode is an exciting one. We have a guest all the way from Perth, Australia. Graeme Currie shares his personal story of how his life has been completely transformed by Intermittent Fasting. He actually contacted me over Instagram, and when I heard his story, I knew that I had to have him on my show.
Believe it or not, he has lost 132 pounds by Intermittent Fasting. He is the host of a very popular podcast: The Fasting Highway and has also written a book by the same name: The Fasting Highway. Join us as we learn more about him.
Tune in to this episode and be convinced of the benefits of intermittent fasting as Graeme shares:
- How he gained, lost, and regained all the weight throughout his teenage life up until adulthood
- The turning point of how he realized he ‘needed to break the cycle’ and do something about it
- The first steps he took to overcome his sugar addiction
- How he found out about and prepared for the 23:1 intermittent fasting
- Transitioning into 22:2 intermittent fasting than to 16:8 during his maintenance phase
- How eating in a restaurant was very similar to how he ate in his eating window
- The things he figured he was already able to do as compared to when he was still obese
- Easy tips on how to start intermittent fasting
The Exercises He was Able to Do after He Started Losing Weight:
Tips for People Who Want to Start Intermittent Fasting:
- Start slow.
Stay in your comfort zone. Try the 16:8 fasting first, then slowly increase the fasting hours. Don’t try and do an extended fast when you first start, because they’re very hard to do when you’re trying to adapt to fasting.
- Visualize life with and without the weight, you’re trying to lose.
The mental part of intermittent fasting is probably 95% of the whole thing. Write down the things that your weight has restricted you to do and visualize them.
- Have a clean fast.
Clean fast means, black tea, black coffee, water, plain sparkling water, or plain green tea, no flavors. Don’t cut corners just because you have limited time to eat. If you just get that clean fast – that chance to start – and that will put you in great stead.
- Learn to love yourself first.
Stop self-loathing or talking about yourself in a negative way. Start talking to yourself positive affirmations every morning when you wake up.
- Trust the process and have patience.
Give it at least six to twelve months before you can make a true evaluation of the health benefits, which is number one.
There are three certainties in life – It’s death, taxes, and weight-loss stall if you’re on a weight loss journey.
Keep that window-worthy. The clean fast, for me, is key.
Preparation is everything, no matter what you do in life.
Dr. Avishkar Sabharwal
Pace yourself when you open your eating window. If you eat too fast, you can eat too much.
Don’t forget to leave a review.
Thank you for listening to another episode of Decoding Obesity!